- Go to the Internet Explorer 11 download page at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18520/download-internet-explorer-11-offline-installer. In a web browser
- go to Microsofts Internet Explorer 11 download page.Scroll down to your preferred language. Youll see a list of languages on the left side of the page.Click your operating system. Youll see your computers operating system to the right of your selected language. Clicking this link will prompt the setup file to begin downloading to your PC.The Windows 7 setup file will work on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 as long as you choose the correct format of your version of Windows
- 32-bit or 64-bit.If you dont know your computers bit number (e.g.
- 32-bit or 64-bit)
- you can view it by right-clicking This PC
- clicking Properties
- as well as selecting an install location and determining whether or not you want a desktop shortcut.. Its in the bottom-right corner of the window. Doing so will finish the Internet Explorer 11 installation process.Open Internet Explorer. Its a blue "e" icon. You can find it by typing "Internet Explorer" into Start.Click ⚙️. This icon is in the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer window.. Its toward the bottom of the drop-down menu.Check the "Install new versions automatically" box. Its in the middle of the About Internet Explorer window.. Its at the bottom of the About Internet Explorer window. Internet Explorer will update automatically from this point on.Close Microsoft Edge if its open. If an update for Edge is available
- Edge will need to be closed in order for the process to complete. key.Click ⚙️. Its in the lower-left corner of the Start window. Doing so will open the Settings page.. Youll see this option near the bottom of the Settings page.. Its a button near the top of the Update & Security page.Wait for the updates to finish installing. Once you see "Your device is up to date" displayed at the top of the page
- your Microsoft Edge browser has been updated.