- Open Outlook. tab.. This is in the “Info” category and opens a dropdown menu.. tab.. This will open the Add New Account dialog box.Complete the email setup form. The following fields are listed under “Auto Account Setup”:Enter your name.Enter your Outlook.com email address.Enter your password.Re-enter your Password.. This will initiate the Auto Account Setup process.Click the “Save this password in your password list” checkbox if you want Outlook to remember your password..If your account is successfully configured
- you will see the "Add New Email Account" dialogue box..Open Outlook. tab.. This is in the “Info” category and opens a dropdown menu.. tab.. This will open the “Add New Account” dialog box.Click the “Manual setup or additional server types” check box..Click POP or IMAP. These are two different email protocols
- but either should work for outlook.com as long as you use the right settings. Trustworthy Source Go to source.Complete the User Information fields:Enter your name.Enter your outlook.com email address.Enter incoming server information (if IMAP):Name: imap-mail.outlook.comPort: 993Encryption method: SSLEnter incoming server information (if POP):Name: pop-mail.outlook.comPort: 995Encryption method: SSLEnter outgoing server information:Name: smtp-mail.outlook.comPort: 587Encryption method: TLS Complete the “Logon Information” fields:Enter your username. This is typically the part of your email address to the left of the “@” symbol.Enter your password.If you want Outlook to remember your email account password
- click to select the Remember password check box. to have outlook verify that the information you entered functions correctly..Open Outlook. tab.. This will take you directly to the account information form... This is in the corner of the left Accounts panel..Enter your account information into the fields:Enter your Outlook email address.Select “Username and Password” from the “Method” dropdownEnter your username.Enter your password.Click the “Configure automatically” checkbox.If you wish to configure your account manually
- then make sure this box is unchecked and enter the following information into the fields that appear:Select IMAPEnter “imap-mail.outlook.com” for incoming serverEnter “993” for port.Enter “smtp-mail.outlook.com” for outgoing server.Enter “587” for outgoing port.. The account will appear listed in the left hand panel.