- Open your Microsoft Excel. Click the “Start” button on the lower-left corner of your screen and select “All Programs” from the menu. Inside
- you’ll find the “Microsoft Office” folder where Excel is listed. Click on Excel.Select the specific cell or group of cells that you want to format. Highlight it using your mouse cursor.Open the Format Cells window. Right-click on the cells you’ve selected and select “Format Cells” from the pop up menu to access the “Format Cells” window.Set the desired formatting options you want for the cell. There are six formatting options that you can use to customize a cell or group of cells:Number – Defines the format of numerical data entered on the cells such as dates
- fraction and more.Alignment – Sets how the data will be visually aligned inside each cells (left
- right or centered).Font – Sets all the options related to text fonts such as styles
- sizes and colors.Border – Improves the visual appearance of each cell by adding definite lines (borders) around a cell or group of cells.Fill – Sets the background color and pattern formats of each cell on the spreadsheet.Protection – Adds security to cells and data contained inside it by hiding or locking the selected cells or group of cells.Save. Click on the “OK” button at the lower right corner of the “Format Cells” window to save any changes you’ve made and apply the formats you’ve set to the selected cells.