- Open your iPhones Settings. This is the grey gear icon on the Home Screen.. Its about a third of the way down the Settings page.. This option is near the bottom of the page. switch left to the "Off" position. Doing so will signal to your phone that you would like to unlock your SIM card.If this slider is white
- your SIM card is unlocked already.Type in your SIM PIN. If you dont know your SIM PIN
- you can call your service provider for a reset code.. Its in the top right corner of the screen. As long as your SIM PIN is accurate
- your SIM card should now be unlocked.Call you carriers customer support line. Before using one of the numbers listed below
- try calling *611 or 611--on most phones
- this is the default customer support line.Sprint Customer Service - 1 (888) 211-4727AT&T Customer Service - 1 (800) 331-0500Verizon Customer Service - 1 (877)-746-0909T-Mobile Customer Service - 1 (800) 922-0204Make sure you have your carrier account PIN on hand so that you can verify your identity.Communicate your problem to the automated assistant. In most cases
- you wont reach an actual human being when you call initially. Instead say something like "I want to remove a lock PIN on my SIM card" and wait for your call to connect to a customer service representative.You may have to wait for up to several hours to get in touch with a representative.Ask your customer service representative for a PIN unlock code. You may also need to explain to them that you arent trying to unlock your iPhone itself--just the SIM card.The unlock code is officially known as a "PUK" if your SIM card is now locked because of too many failed PIN entries.Write down your PIN unlock code. This is the four-digit PIN youll enter when you go to unlock your SIM card.