- Get an iPhone SIM card opener. A SIM card opener is a small tool with an oblong body and a pointy metal tip. Every iPhone package comes with one
- but if you managed to lose yours or you no longer have your iPhones box
- a simple paper clip is a great substitute.Insert the opener into the SIM tray. Look around the sides of your iPhone and you should find a small hole no larger than the tip of a pencil.Take your SIM card opener tool
- or your paper clip
- and insert its pointy end into the small hole.Keep pushing the the clip or the opener until a small tray pops out of your iPhones side containing the SIM card.Change the SIM card. Pull out the SIM tray from your iPhone and pry off the card out of it to empty the tray. Take the new SIM card and place it onto the empty tray.Place back the tray. Slowly press the SIM tray back into the slot on the side of your iPhone following the same orientation when it slid out. Gently push the tray until you hear a “click” inside and its locked into place.After changing the SIM card on your iPhone
- the device should automatically detect the new mobile network.