- Visit the Microsoft Community website. Go to answers.microsoft.com in a web browser.Click "Ask a Question" towards the top-right of the page. Itll be on the blue navigation bar.Consider searching the database of Microsoft Answers to see if the question has already been asked. Use the search bar to do so. If its already been answered
- it saves both your and the assistants time.Set up or log into your account at Microsoft Answers
- to ask them your question
- If you have a Hotmail account already
- you already have a Microsoft Account
- and thereby you can use the Microsoft Answers service. You can use this to sign into the Microsoft Answers service.If not
- consider signing up for an account. You dont even need to sign up for a Hotmail account
- you can use your regular email address in place of a new Hotmail account
- if you wish.Click the "Participate" button from the homepage
- and then click the "Ask a question" link/button.Type a short summary of what the post/question is going to be about under the Post your question to the community title line. This summary will become your "question" portion.Type in a detailed description of your question or problem under the "Details" area. Include as much information as possible. Make sure to let them know if something else has changed within your computer (such as a change in your Internet Service Providers settings infrastructure or some other thing that might be significant to the problem).Categorize the question. Use the drop down box to select your category and subcategory
- if it requires a subcategory be set.Choose the most appropriate category under "Topic" based on your details you provided. If youll be posting a question
- click "Post a question"
- but if you are going for the discussion route
- click the "Post a discussion" checkbox.Click the Submit button.